If I have directed you to this page, it is because you requested a permission number (PN) from me as your advisor, but I need more information. The department requires me to make sure a permission number is appropriate before I request one for you. You can save us both time by making sure your email addresses the below.
- What class are you trying to sign-up for?
- Did you try to sign up for it yet?
- If yes, what happened?
- If no, why do you think you need a code?
- Do you have PNs for any other classes? List the classes.
- Did you need a PN for any class in a prior semester? List the classes.
If any of these situation apply to you, mention it.
- The pre-req is a course I never took at SSU but passed at another college.
- Does it show up in your transfer report?
- Does it appear on your ARR as credit for the pre-req?
- The pre-req is a course I took 3 or more times before I passed it.
- The pre-req is a course I repeated, but at another college
Things PNs don't fix
- Sorry, my PNs won't get you off a waitlist.
- Solution: talk to the instructor. They may know how to help.
- Time conflicts.
- Sorry, my PNs won't resolve time conflicts
- Solution: do time conflict paperwork with the instructors of the conflicted classes.
- Taking courses out of order
- Sorry, my PNs won't let you fudge pre-reqs, or turn pre-reqs into co-reqs
- Solution: talk to the instructor.
- Overriding credit units caps.
- Sorry, my PNs won't let you sign up for more units than you are allowed.
- Solution: do the paperwork to petition for extra units.